“Alexandros Stephanis & Co. Ltd” is a Cypriot company with registered company number HE56737 specialized in the retail sector of electronics. We take your personal data very seriously therefore we are committed to safeguard your privacy and handle your data in a transparent manner. Therefore, we would like to clarify the following critical points:
- How we collect your personal information
- The types of information we collect
- How we use this information, why we store, and why we retain it
- How you can request that your information is updated, corrected, or to be forgotten.
Who we are and how to contact us
- Contact us by phone at: 22699699
- Contact us through our website completing our online contact form
- Contact us via e-mail at: email@example.com
How we collect your personal information
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could include purchasing online and in-store, over the phone, in person when you sign up to become a My Stephanis Cardholder, as well as when you participate in our competitions. We also look at how customers use our website, so that we can offer the best possible experience.
We collect information in a number of ways which are listed below:
- When you register or use stephanis.com.cy (the "Website")
- When you contact “Stephanis” by telephone, email or social media
- When you register to “My Stephanis Card”
- When you register any products to be delivered at home, picked up from store, or installed at your location.
- When you enter any online or offline events, prize draws or competitions run by “Stephanis”.
- When completing any surveys that we send to you for research purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete these)
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes
- When you buy products, gift certificates (details of transactions you make from “Stephanis” (whether in-store or via the Website)
The types of information we collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you up to date about all the latest exciting “Stephanis” news. Here are some examples of information we collect about you when you interact with us:
- Name and Surname
- Email address
- Date of Birth (mandatory)
- Contact phone number(s)
- Delivery address(s)
- Preferred Language
- Name Day (mandatory)
- When visiting our website we may collect an automatically populated IP address. An IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device (such as your mobile or tablet) to browse the internet. We may also record the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version.
- Social Media
- Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Viber, YouTube and Instagram you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Ensuring your personal information is only used where lawful
In order for our use of your personal information to comply with applicable data protection law, that use by us needs to fall under at least one of the specific lawful reasons that are set out in applicable data protection law. Examples of these lawful reasons include our use of your personal information being necessary for the purchase of goods or services, or for compliance with a legal obligation.
Where your personal information is completely anonymous, we do not require a legal basis to use it as the information will no longer constitute personal information that is regulated under data protection laws. However, our collection and use of such anonymous personal information may be subject to other laws where your consent is required.
Where your personal information is not in an anonymous form, we will have a lawful reason to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best products to you and our other customers.
Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
At Stephanis we like to get to know our customers – after all, this is how we find new ways to provide you with an extraordinary experience. We use information about you in a number of ways, including providing services that you have requested and informing you about the latest offers, new releases, special events or exciting Stephanis news. We might also use the information we have to contact you about any information we might need to process your orders, returns or queries.
- To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- Fulfillment and delivery of products and services you have ordered. We may share your personal information with our delivery partners and third-party concessions.
- Process payments. Stephanis does not store any payment card numbers once the transaction has been completed.
- Contact you with important information relating to your service or purchase, such as confirming your order, letting you know about returns and refunds. We share your information with our communication partners for this purpose.
- Send you an electronic receipt by email for every purchase in order to help you avoid keeping hard copies so as to be easy for you to track your receipt whenever you wish to return a product or claim for warranty.
- Marketing Communication: We send you marketing updates via email about all the latest news, events and offers at “Stephanis”. You can unsubscribe at any time:
- We share your personal information with a variety of third party email marketing providers who assist us in delivering our email marketing campaigns to you.
- We use your details to show you advertising on such Social Media platforms as Facebook and Instagram or via other third-party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. Online advertising channels we may use are: digital display, search engine marketing, paid social - these are all on third party sites or platforms.
- We may tailor emails, online advertising and SMS to the things you love, so they’re relevant to your location, what you have shown an interest in and the things you buy from us.
- Respond to customer service enquiries raised in the store, online, social media or on the phone.
- Invite you to provide feedback about our products and services in the form of online, email, telephone, or in-store surveys. We use this information to help us improve the quality of service provided; to monitor the quality of our products and services and to assist with the selection of future product and service lines. We use a third-party service provider to assist us with customer surveys and feedback requests.
- Conduct postal marketing.
- We share your personal information with a variety of third party postal providers (Cyprus Government Post Office and established courier offices) who assist us in delivering our postal marketing campaigns to you such our catalogues, and hard copy of “My Stephanis card”.
- For classifying our audience into groups or segments, using shopping habits information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and contact preferences. These segments help us to understand our audience better.
- Anonymous track usage statistics on our Sites. By using this information, we are able to measure the effectiveness of our content and how visitors use our Sites and our Services. This allows us to learn what pages to target our adverts so that they’re more relevant to you.
- Measure and understand how our customers respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective.
- The use of CCTV recording equipment in and around our premises for monitoring and security purposes. We may share where necessary CCTV footage to the Police. This is very strictly controlled.
- Detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
Sharing your information
We use third party platforms to manage and deliver customer relationship management (CRM); email marketing campaigns; online advertising, customer analytics, events, fulfillment of orders, delivery, returns, refunds, IT services, etc. In providing the services, your personal information will, where applicable, be used by the service provider on our behalf. We will check any third party that we use to ensure that they can provide sufficient guarantees regarding the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
On our website we sell products for children. If you are below 18 years old you can use our website only with the presence of a parent or guardian.
How can I unsubscribe from marketing communications?
We would be sad to say goodbye, but if at any point you do not wish to hear from us there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe. These are as follows:
- You can click onto the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Each "unsubscribe" link only relates to that specific type of communication (e.g. marketing communications or survey communications). This means that unsubscribing from marketing communications will not automatically unsubscribe you from our survey communications (or vice versa). Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
- You can “unsubscribe” from our SMS marketing lists by calling 80007900
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and Stephanis does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
- You can always contact us directly:
Our website and emails contain certain cookies, pixels, records and other technologies of which you should be aware.
Third Party Links and Services
We do not monitor, control, or endorse the privacy practices of any third parties.
We encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit or third-party service provider that you deal with and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We keep your personal information in line with our company retention policy. We only retain information for as long as it is required.
Confidentiality and security of your personal information
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. We do not sell your personal information for any purpose. We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control.
All of our employees and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all users of our Services.
How to access your information and your other rights
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
Your right of access
If you ask us, we’ll confirm whether we’re processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details).
Your right to correct information
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you’re entitled to have it corrected. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the changes where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to “be forgotten”
You can ask us to remove your personal information in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to restrict information
You can ask us to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us processing it. It won’t stop us from storing your personal information though. We’ll tell you before we lift any restriction. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the restriction where it is possible for us to do so. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to data portability
With effect from 25 May 2018, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you’ve provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
Your right to object
You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are:
Relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal information, except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing or processing your personal information for direct marketing.
Cookies are very small text documents or pieces of software code, which often include an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, a computer asks your PC or mobile device for permission to store this file on your computer or mobile device and access information from it. Information gathered through Cookies include the date and time of visits and how you are using the website.
Cookies are used by us and our third-party partners as part of the Site. Details of the Cookies used on the Site and any applicable third-party partner are set out in the table below.
For more details on Cookies please visit All about Cookies.
You can consent to, or block the use of, specific Cookies by activating the relevant settings in your browser or by following the links below. For more information on Cookie management and blocking Cookies for a wide variety of browsers, please visit All about Cookies.
What happens when you do not consent to cookies and or you choose to block cookies that you have previously accepted?
In order to use some parts of the Site you will need to consent to Cookies. If you choose to withhold consent, or subsequently block cookies, some aspects of the Site may not work properly and you may not be able to access all or part of the Site.
What cookies do we use?
These cookies help us make the most of the money we spend on advertising. Google Analytics uses these cookies to discover when you first visited our site, how often you come back and how long you spend shopping. The information stored by these cookies can be seen only by the relevant teams at Stephanis and Google and never shows any confidential information.
C. Stephanis share tools
We know you love to share the great content we have on stephanis.com. Please be aware that social networking sites, like Facebook and Twitter, might send cookies. We don't control the setting of these third-party cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy and cookies policy.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us: