(VAT NO. 10056737Q, COMPANY REGISTRATION NO. Ε56737, FAX 22813242)
LIMITED WARRANTY OF A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD
This limited guarantee is provided to the consumer of the product (“the Client”). It does not exclude nor does it limit any rights of the Client which are mandatory under the law.
The duration of the guarantee is 24 months and under no circumstances shorter than 24 months and it is valid from the date of purchase of the product by the client. If the product is replaced the duration of the warranty shall continue for the remaining part of the 24-month warranty period starting from the purchase invoice date.
During the warranty period, A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD will repair for free, replace the defective product for free, or the agreement may be denounced according to law 7(I) of 2000 article 5 paragraph 6 and provided that the notification of the defect of the product is performed in less than 2 months from the occurrence, according to law 7(I) of 2000 article 5 paragraph 2 upon its sole discretion.
A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD will return the repaired or other product to their client in a working condition. If a defective part is being repaired then the component shall be changed. In case of repair, the defective part will be changed. The term “part” means all parts of the product including its main chip (engine). All replaced components or other equipment which have been replaced shall become the property of A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD.
This limited warranty does not apply for natural wear and tear. Also, it does not apply if:
- The defect was caused because the product has been subject to use in a manner not conforming to the instructions of the manufacturer: abuse, if it was exposed to humidity or extreme hot or environmental conditions, or sudden changes in such conditions, corrosion, rusting, non-authorized modifications or connections, non-authorized opening or repair, repair with the use of non-authorized spare parts, misuse, unsuitable installation, accident, natural phenomena, which are beyond the reasonable control of A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD (including for instance defects in the department of consumable parts such as batteries, which as a rule have a limited life) unless the defect was caused directly because of the use of defective materials, designs or workmanship,
- The product serial number, the identifying date code, or the IMEI number, have been removed, deleted, defaced or altered or are illegible,
- The defect was caused by a defective network operation,
- The defect was caused by the fact that the product was used or was connected to a computer not compatible to the technical specifications of the appliance,
- The product software requires upgrading because of modifications in the network parameters or modifications of the product software by a non-authorized person,
- The defect is due to a file or programme which has been installed in the internal or external memory of the appliance,
- The product has not been checked by the technical department of A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD to establish and verify the defect of the appliance.
The limited warranty shall be valid only if the client presents the original product purchase receipt and delivers the product to A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD.
This limited warranty is the sole and exclusive means for customer satisfaction according to A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD and the sole and exclusive liability of A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD against the client for defects or malfunction of the product. This limited warranty substitutes all other guarantees and obligations, either verbal, written (non-mandatory) by law, conventional, malfeasance or others. A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD will not, under any circumstances, be liable for direct damage, costs or expenses, if the client is a legal person.
Any modification or amendment of this limited warranty requires the prior written consent of A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD.
For any problems of the appliance not referred to above, the company shall not be liable for their repair. The company is only liable to inform the client and to request consent for additional charges. If any product is deemed out of its warranty period due to the above reasons (paragraph 4) then the fault is not regarded as being factory or manufacturer orientated and handling costs may be incurred to the customer if the repair cost is denied.
If the warranty for a defective appliance has expired or if the appliance has not been purchased by A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD and the repair costs do not exceed €45 (including VAT), no prior consent is required from the client for its repair, notwithstanding the current price of the product.
No warranty is provided for repairs regarding water damages.
The Company A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD has no liability whatsoever for any complete or partial loss of personal data during the repair of the appliance. The exclusive liability for saving personal data in any electronic appliance, burdens solely the lawful user of the product. Also, the Company A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD has no liability whatsoever for the partial or complete loss of data, which may be due to a defect of the electronic appliance, whether this is due to a manufacturing fault (in which case it is excluded from the warranty), or due to a users fault (in which case it is excluded from the warranty).
In case the client does not collect the items he/she has brought in for repair within six months, then the company shall not be liable for their safe keeping.
The products of A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD are covered by warranty either by the company itself or by the legal representative in Cyprus, or the official representative within the territory of the European Union.
All consumables or components of a product (for instance chargers, batteries, headphones, feed-gear, inks etc) are covered by a warranty for good function under terms referred to in point 5, for a period not exceeding three months.
This limited warranty is valid for appliances which have been sold by A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD. In case of a defect of the appliance, the client is obliged to deliver the appliance to any points of sale of the company A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD.
The company A. STEPHANIS & CO LTD warrantees that this product is at the time of its original purchase free of defects in manufacturing, materials, design and workmanship under the above terms and conditions.